The Application Development Project Manager will be responsible for the successful planning, execution, monitoring and reporting of Application Development projects. The incumbent will work with NASA and HHPIT personnel to prioritize projects and, subsequently, develop appropriate project plans, schedules and milestones. The incumbent will also be instrumental in successfully executing multiple projects simultaneously, coordinating appropriately with all stakeholders, providing all needed project reporting, tracking issues and resolution, and escalation if/as needed. It may also include the setup, management and hosting of Steering Committee meetings.
This position will support the Human Health Performance Contract and will be located at NASA Johnson Space Center, 2101 E NASA Pkwy, Houston, TX 77058.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Know, and adhere to, KBR policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted.
- Plan and schedule project deliverables, goals and milestones for all assigned projects
- Document plans and schedules using industry standard project management software
- Communicate project plans and schedules to all project stakeholders
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, including initiation, requirements gathering, design, development & unit testing, system testing, user acceptance testing, deployment, training and support
- Work with developers and the Application Development Team Leads and Discipline Lead to control the schedule, cost and scope of assigned projects.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Identify and resolve project issues
- Collaborate with Team Leads, the Application Development Discipline Lead, the Architect(s) / Technical Lead and Infrastructure & Operations staff to develop project priority recommendations and to address issues.
- Work with others as needed on process improvement activities.
- Interface with NASA management and other stakeholders to provide periodic status reports in required formats.
- Represent HHPIT and/or Application Development at Change Control Board, Software Engineering Process Group and other NASA meetings.
- Keep abreast of technical project management best practices, and participate in updating Application Development methodologies and work instructions.
- Apply expertise and experience to the improvement of in-place processes and the implementation of beneficial processes.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable KBR and NASA standards and work instructions.
- Provide regular status reports on all responsible projects, on a frequency defined by the Application Development Discipline Lead and/or the NASA customer (typically weekly).
- Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports new custom development, COTS and sustaining activities.
- Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
- The Project Manager position requires a bachelor’s degree with 8 years’ work experience in the information technology field, or equivalent related work experience, plus 5 years’ experience in project management, or equivalent experience. A proven ability to coordinate project staff, customers, users and other stakeholders to successfully execute software development projects is required. Extensive knowledge of project management concepts and practical experience in the use of project management tools and techniques is required. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with personnel from all levels is essential.
- Specific focus in management of multiple simultaneous application development projects
- Knowledge of and experience with formal software development project management tools and methods.
- Experience managing projects in a Microsoft software development environment.
- Experience managing projects in a medical/health care environment.
- Experience in process improvement strategies and methodologies such as CMMI and Six Sigma.
- Prior NASA experience
- Strong project management skills
- Superior customer-service skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to think strategically - see the 'big picture' and work towards larger goals
- Critical thinking and conceptual modeling skills
- Microsoft Project
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification