This position will support and/or serve as the implementation lead for multiple projects within the Biomedical Research & Environmental Sciences (BRES) Division’s Behavioral Health & Performance (BHP) Laboratory. The employee will participate in all aspects of research and development, including developing, integrating, coordinating, and implementing research protocols; preparing hardware and software for studies; collecting and managing data; assisting with data analyses; and preparing proposals, reports, presentations, and publications. The employee will work closely with lab scientists and facilitate ongoing, and preparing new, studies that will allow the BHP Laboratory to meet the needs of NASA’s spaceflight exploration goals.
- Coordinate and lead project logistics planning and implementation, including preparing study equipment and materials, communicating with internal and external investigators and staff, tracking study progress, and providing status reports
- Coordinate and participate in collecting, validating, cleaning, organizing, managing, and analyzing data
- Coordinate and lead preparing and maintaining study/project documentation, including IRB documentation, task trackers, schedules, progress reports, and presentations
- Coordinate and lead completing requirements for Data Sharing Agreements, and delivery of data to NASA’s LSDA and LSAH as appropriate
- Assist preparing grant proposals, directed study task synopses, and other proposals related to future project work for the BHP Laboratory
- Monitor medical, science, and regulatory requirements that may impact the BHP Laboratory
- Prepare and maintain study procedures and documentation and train other lab members, test subjects, crew members, and anyone with whom data will be collected
- Participate in presenting project updates, interim and final results, and other reporting at meetings and scientific conferences
- Participate in writing interim and final reports, literature reviews and summaries, and project summaries
- Maintain currency with relevant scientific research, technical developments, and other advancements in the behavioral, biological, and social sciences
- Maintain data quality practices and standards established within the laboratory
- Liaise with internal and external collaborators to effectively plan, track, and complete collaborative research
- Develop and implement innovative, original solutions to problems
- Assist BHP Lab Scientists with other duties as assigned to ensure the effective operation of the laboratory.
- Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
- Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies, and procedures
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance level as determined by the Company
- Responsible for completing all assigned training
- Master’s degree and 3-5 years of experience. Degree fields considered will be Psychology, Behavioral Science, Social Sciences
- Prior experience with human behavior and performance research
- Experience managing and implementing human research protocols, including logistics planning and data collection, processing, and management
- Interest in human behavior, psychology, cognition, bio-behavioral health, and performance
- Experience supporting NASA research projects, or experience with other organizations conducting basic, applied, or clinical human research
- Proficient with software applications, including Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint
- Proficiency with R/R Studio statistical programming language
- Proficiency with database software (e.g., Excel, Access)
- Highly ethical and respectful of human research data confidentiality, protections, and intellectual property
- Highly conscientious and demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated writing ability at multiple levels, including procedural documents, research reports and summaries, briefings, technical reports, and project plans, etc.
- Proven ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team
- Proven ability to set and meet goals for completing job tasks
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly and effectively to changing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in multidisciplinary settings with competing goals for project implementation and outcomes
- Sound judgement and decision-making, including ability to interpret requirements for real-time implementation
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with varied audiences, including various levels of management, foreign nationals, scientists, medical professionals and engineers
- Demonstrated interpersonal effectiveness and professionalism in working with others in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Experience preparing, collecting, and processing research data from various sources (e.g., surveys, research devices/wearable, computer-based tasks, physiology and biological samples, written text, audio/video).